On Wednesday, we went on a 3-hour tour of Vicenza. The tour was interesting, we were able to go into the Teatro Olimpico, in addition to several churches. Vicenza is a very beautiful city. It is very old, and historic. There are so many shops and stores, I can't wait to have time to go shopping!!!
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Italy!!!!
I arrived in Vicenza on Tuesday night around 6:15PM. We missed our orientation that was scheduled for 3 at our studio. So we were unable to get our keys to our apartments, our meal card, and other info discussed during the meeting. So finally we all managed to get to our aparments by finding other people from UF to let us in. Our apartment (all 6 girls, 4 undergrad and 2 grad students) was a loft type apartment. The rooms have been enclosed by adding pywood where it was previously open. There is one bedroom downstairs with one single bed and a set of bunkbeds (I am on the bottom bunk in this room). The second floor has a small attic-like room which one girl is in, and the main space on the second floor has two beds, which is where the 2 grad students sleep. There are 2 bathrooms, 1 upstairs and 1 downstairs. Also, there is a washing machine in the second floor bathroom. (I will post pictures of the apartment later, I still have not taken any!!!)
On Wednesday, we went on a 3-hour tour of Vicenza. The tour was interesting, we were able to go into the Teatro Olimpico, in addition to several churches. Vicenza is a very beautiful city. It is very old, and historic. There are so many shops and stores, I can't wait to have time to go shopping!!!



On Wednesday, we went on a 3-hour tour of Vicenza. The tour was interesting, we were able to go into the Teatro Olimpico, in addition to several churches. Vicenza is a very beautiful city. It is very old, and historic. There are so many shops and stores, I can't wait to have time to go shopping!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow, the buildings over there are SO beautiful!!!
ReplyDelete