On Friday, Charles' grandparents drove us to another hiking trail. This trail was much prettier and interesting than the first. The trail began in the shade of trees with roots beneath us, followed by fields of grass and wildflowers, and then as we nearded the top, the trail became rocky. Many times during the hike, I was reminded of images from the movie "The Sound of Music."
Saturday, I took a rest day and did not go on any long hikes, instead I went for a short walk, and watched the crazy mountain bikers fly down the mounatin in full body armor. I also made time to have a chocolate crepe, delicious!!!
Sunday, I went on my last hike. This was the day that we climbed to the very summit of the mountain, walked along the ridge, then continued back down. There was a beautiful view from the top including a view of the huge man-made lake below.
Today, I took another rest day to allow my body to recover for my traveling to Italy tomorrow. So tomorrow, we will be driven to a sity just across the Italian border, Bardoneccia, and from there the four us will board a train to Milano, and from Milano to Vicenza.
It is SO beautiful!!!
ReplyDelete