Monday, August 17, 2009
Day 3 In Paris
The third day in Paris, Charles, my friend from school whose grandparents apartment we stayed in, visited with some of his other relatives that live in Paris, so TJ and I rode the metro from the apartment to the Louvre. We spent several hours there, but still were unable to see everything. The Louvre is enormous!!! At first, our plan was to just start at the begining and walk thoughout the entire museum. We then decided that that was a huge mistake. We had to then look at the map and decide which exhibits we wanted to see, and just make a bee line for those. It took awhileto see all that we wanted because of the size of the building in addition to the huge crowds of people.




Also, while in Paris, TJ, Charles, and I had had cafe (espresso) a couple of times at little shops, but there isn't anywhere to get a normal coffee "to go". So while in the Louvre, there was a Starbucks and I made a stop in. After the Louvre, and Starbucks Tj and I headed back to the apartment. Later that same night, TJ and I went to the Eiffel tower. We climbed the stairs up two levels (a total of 660 stairs), and then rode the elevator to the top. The actual height of the Eiffel Tower is quite astonishing.



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment